Filed under: Australian News, Australian Politics
The Australian Labor Government is desperate for money after several years of relentless spending on stupid projects and general mismanagement.
They have just rushed through legislation to enable the transfer of all money from accounts that have not been used for three years into their own revenues. This will commence after May 31st 2013.
There is no better time to read up on one of our most popular posts – How To Find Your Unclaimed Money, and tell all your friends to retrieve their unclaimed money while they still can.
Hat tip to Tim Blair for bringing this to my attention.
- A critical debate over a recent study that showed a correlation between marijuana use and decreased IQ later in life: http://t.co/iLDyjhk3 2012-09-11
- Apple/Amazon Internet security flaws lead to hacking of US tech journalist's online identities: http://t.co/w1zJuj7B http://t.co/NPaGovUb 2012-08-11
- Lifehacker: How to ensure that the Apple/Amazon online security exploit never happens to you – http://t.co/0WAcqJxJ 2012-08-11
- Facebook now says it has 83 million fake accounts (8.7%), but I consider this official figure to overly optimistic – http://t.co/Dc3ygCah 2012-08-06
- Fantastic discussion in the Sydney Morning Herald about why young Australian Entrepreneurs leave Australia for overseas http://t.co/5Ufynb1b 2012-07-31
- "Does government surveillance matter if you're not doing anything illegal?" – the case for individual privacy: http://t.co/gfag9chY 2012-07-23
- NYC Private Detective gets 32 years prison for raping girlfriend, then framing her for armed robbery: http://t.co/aNyCRQ5H 2012-01-06
- Aussie dollar hits record high against the Euro. $1 AUD now buys €0.8035 – http://t.co/SAc03zsx 2012-01-08
- Australian distributor of quack "Power Balance" wristbands goes broke. I have no pity for him: http://t.co/wwIZIRK4 2012-01-08
- Dubai gym "The Circuit Factory" uses photo of Nazi death camp Auschwitz to promote weight loss – http://t.co/toqLz7m8 2012-01-08
- The Lawyer's Guide to Negotiation by Xavier M. Frascogna and H. Lee Hetherington – Extract from Google Books: http://t.co/yvNOc5Nt 2012-01-10
- Fantastic explanation: "What is the Money Supply?" from the Concise Encyclopedia of Economics: http://t.co/a9GYv9g7 2011-12-31
- From the Sydney Morning Herald: Technology entrepreneurship in Australia is booming: http://t.co/T6QGyGNG 2011-12-31
- Australian Science discusses how Aussie health funds waste money providing coverage for quack homeopathic treatments : http://t.co/ZxW7zoZn 2012-01-04
- Man wins $57 million poker machine jackpot, casino claims malfunction, offers $100 & free dinner: http://t.co/yLIpbUv1 http://t.co/j05DFGfA 2011-12-24